Isang OFW sa Hongkong under quarantine ngayon dahil nakitaan ng sintomas sa Novel Coronavirus

Share:

A Filipina worker is under quarantine in Hong Kong after her employer was confirmed to be a carrier of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV), Consul General Raly Tejada confirmed on Wednesday.


According to reports, the lady was observed to be healthy and asymptomatic, although she would be isolated for 14 days, which is how long the virus takes to incubate.

"Most importantly she is not a patient, but just a confinee. She is healthy and we hope she remains so," Tejada told CNN Philippines.

The South China Morning Post earlier reported that authorities had already begun tracking down the older brother of the 39-year-old coronavirus victim who lived with their 72-year-old mother.

The Philippine consulate remains verifying the status of other OFWs in Hong Kong.

There are over 130,000 Filipinos in port making up the biggest ethnos within the region.

In the Philippines, the primary two confirmed cases of 2019 nCoV were from Wuhan and came to the country from port.

At the House Committee on Metro Manila Development's hearing on the administration's response to the outbreak of 2019 nCoV on Wednesday morning, Foreign Affairs Undersecretary Brigido Dulay clarified that flights out of China and its administrative regions were still available.

Dulay said that the department received reports of several flights still available visiting Malaysian capital in Malaysia which the embassy was already monitoring Filipinos who are placed on watch.

"It's not true that our Filipinos cannot exit China. There are flights available except from the Hubei area," he assured.

"There isn't any case yet of any Filipino contracting the nCoV in port. Our Filipinos are safe in port."

As for Hubei province, where Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus is found, Rep. Luis Campos (Makati) said he received reports of Filipinos who weren't ready to leave attributable to the lockdown implemented over the town.

Dulay said that the department would need to take into consideration the host government's rules and laws. A repatriation flight is anticipated to arrive within the Philippines on Saturday carrying a minimum of 42 Filipinos from Hubei who had asked to be brought home.

Meanwhile, the Philippines has banned travel and from port, Asian country, and Macau amid the worldwide scare caused by the virus.

Source: philstar

No comments